August 15, 2010

Memories of Ramadhan

Firstly, I would like to wish all of my friends and Mr.Izuan happy celebrating Ramadhan al-mubarak! :)

Ramadhan is a month where all the Muslims all over the world will fast from sunrise to sunset.
During this month, the gates of Paradise will be opened and the gates of Hellfire will be closed.
Today, I want to share my memories during Ramadhan with all of you. Alhamdulillah, i have been breathing for 19 years and get the opportunity to fast during this holy month and hopefully it will continues until my last Ramadhan.

The first time i started to fast is when i was 6 years old. It was tough for me back then because at the age of 6, there are so many things that tried to stop me from fasting. Ice cream and chocolates are my obsession and looking at some of my friends who are not fasting with these foods will make me feel jealous. There is also a moment when i was caught drinking that i took from the fridge by my mother. She was angry and i got punished by her. Hehe. Whenever i think back i will laugh non stop thinking about how mischievous i was back then.

Well, there are lots of memories that i want to share but basically it is all about i was being caught eating or cheating. Haha. I guess my friends are like that too when they were young.
But, Alhamdulillah. Now as i grow older i realized the importance of fasting and i do not want to miss any day to fast because the reward is big for those who fast during this holy month.
Lastly, let's take this opportunity to increase devotion to Allah the Most Merciful by reading the Al-Quran, self improvement, community involvement, charity and good deeds. Insya'allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment